Friday, May 31, 2013

Day in the desert ...

These photos taken at the Desert Botanical Garden show the varied flora you'll find in the Arizona desert.  I find this an extremely peaceful atmosphere, even though the summer heat can be oppressive.  I intend to enjoy early summer while it lasts!

You'll see at least three varieties of cacti in this one photo.

Light seems to gravitate to some plants more than others ... and the dancing begins.

The dried pods are such a contrast to the greenery around them.

I love the way the mesquite branches frame this old saguaro!

Locals call this ... Gorilla Rock. ☺

Lonely saguaro ...

Cacti create their own shapes ... and this is a great example.

I have no idea what these plants are, but the light just makes them shimmer ... and the jet vapor trail joins right in!

The bottom line: a beautiful day in a beautiful setting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment! I learn when I see my work through your eyes!