Saturday, October 12, 2013

Butterflies and Hummingbirds!

I just can't resist photographing butterflies!  They are such incredible creatures - and so beautiful.  I feel the need to document that beauty because their lives are so short - only about two weeks. That meant another trip to Butterfly Wonderland.  

Don't you just love the iridescent blue?

Another beauty!

This guy surrounded himself with a natural pastel background.

I thought this charmer would get lost in the colorful background ... black and white seems to fit a lot better. ☺

This is NOT a butterfly.  It's an Atlas Moth and it is HUGE!!! The wing span is at least 6-7 inches.  But look quick ... these guys only live three days!

I've also been trying to capture photos of some hummingbirds that come to my feeder in the backyard.  I haven't yet mastered the technique, but at least I'm starting to get photos that look like birds!  LOL!

Here is Frisky (a male) heading toward the feeder.

Almost there!

Ah ... Frisky made it!

One of my photography goals is to improve my skills taking photos of the smaller creatures we live with on this Earth.  And I'm enjoying every minute of it. ☺



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment! I learn when I see my work through your eyes!